NEW DELHI, May 22 — Amid continuing outrage over alleged irregularities in the NEET examination process, the Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) on Thursday launched an online campaign demanding the resignation of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, accusing the Centre of failing to protect the integrity of national entrance examinations.
The campaign gathered rapid traction online after a video message released by the party founder on X crossed 12 million views within an hour of being posted. More than 88,000 users had reportedly endorsed the campaign shortly after its launch.
Calling the NEET controversy a “massive failure,” the CJP founder urged students, youth groups and citizens to “build pressure” on the government and seek accountability for what the party described as a collapse in trust surrounding the examination system.
“It is time to make the system accountable,” the founder said in the video message, alleging that the future of lakhs of students had been placed at risk.
The campaign seeks the resignation of the Education Minister and demands structural reforms in the conduct of national-level competitive examinations. CJP leaders said repeated controversies linked to entrance tests had severely weakened public confidence in the system.
The NEET controversy, which affected nearly 22 lakh medical aspirants across India, triggered protests, legal challenges and sharp political criticism after allegations of question paper leaks and concerns over the fairness of the examination process surfaced.
The row had earlier reached the Supreme Court of India, while opposition parties and student organisations also raised questions over the functioning of the National Testing Agency (NTA), which conducts several major entrance examinations across the country.
There was no immediate response from the Ministry of Education or the minister’s office regarding the online campaign.